- This event has more than 50 contributions with their own take on our theme of “Weather/Climate”.
- The regular shooting period was from 1 January thru 29th March 2015 (weekend of the Equinox), with the rest of March being available to those who used the second upload window.
Theme Essay: Weather / Climate
The essay conveys the team’s idea of the event. It is usually published together with the Theme announcement and offers a starting point for the contributing photographers.
About the Theme: Weather / Climate
- it's something we all have literally at our doorstep! Just grab your camera and your tripod (optional), step outside, press button - Boom! Weather is hard to miss: Rain, Sun, Snow, Wind, whatever it is, it’s Weather!
- it's also something that can be taken metaphorically, as in „feeling under the weather“ or the „climate“ of a workplace (for those who like the challenge of depicting something immaterial)
- it can be anything from your everyday weather (which may not be as ordinary to someone viewing your panorama somewhere else on the globe – if you live in a rainforest, an arid place might seem pretty unusual; blue skies vs. cloud-rich places, cold latitudes vs. the tropics, you get the idea ... ) to the panorama of something extraordinary like unusual cloud formations or that thunderstorm at dusk at the horizon, shot with long exposure (put safety first if you really want to go for things like severe weather, mind you!)
- it can be a landscape typical for your climate zone
- Cities shape their own climate - both literally and figuratively ...
Yes, we did have “Atmosphere” once as theme, but that was A Long Time Ago back in 2007 - so let’s do this!
Share this page: