Each summer, Google sponsors students to write code for open source projects. This year 1,125 students were sponsored, five of them worked on panorama software and were mentored by members of the hugin/panotools development team.
This is the second year that the panorama community has benefited from the Summer of Code, the five projects this year were:
- OpenGL hugin preview. James Legg, mentored by Pablo d'Angelo
- Feature Matching. Onur Kucuktunc, mentored by Alexandre Jenny
- Masking in GUI. Fahim Mannan, mentored by Daniel M German
- Batch Processing. Marko Kuder, mentored by Zoran Mesec
- Celeste Sky Identification. Timothy Nugent, mentored by Yuval Levy
The panorama is the group photo from the Mentor Summit held at the Googleplex in October. Somewhere in this picture is Zoran Mesec, one of the the two hugin/panotools delegates.