Upcoming Event: March 2015
Weather / Climate – A World Wide Panorama
- The regular shooting period is from 1 January - 22 March 2015 (Weekend of the Equinox). The rest of March is within the limits, if you can get your panorama prepared and uploaded in time.
- The preparation server will be open for contributions and editing at least until 29 March 2015. You can request your own account/profile page on the server during this period. It will then be closed for final editing.
- The final site will be made public as soon as the administrative check is complete.
- There will be a Late Edit period after the first edition is made public.
About the Theme: Weather / Climate
- it's something we all have literally at our doorstep! Just grab your camera and your tripod (optional), step outside, press button - Boom! Weather is hard to miss: Rain, Sun, Snow, Wind, whatever it is, it’s Weather!
- it's also something that can be taken metaphorically, as in „feeling under the weather“ or the „climate“ of a workplace (for those who like the challenge of depicting something immaterial)
- it can be anything from your everyday weather (which may not be as ordinary to someone viewing your panorama somewhere else on the globe – if you live in a rainforest, an arid place might seem pretty unusual; blue skies vs. cloud-rich places, cold latitudes vs. the tropics, you get the idea ... ) to the panorama of something extraordinary like unusual cloud formations or that thunderstorm at dusk at the horizon, shot with long exposure (put safety first if you really want to go for things like severe weather, mind you!)
- it can be a landscape typical for your climate zone
- Cities shape their own climate - both literally and figuratively ...
Yes, we did have “Atmosphere” once as theme, but that was A Long Time Ago back in 2007 - so let’s do this!