Built in 1926 in a suburb east of Cincinnati Ohio, The Mariemont Community Church is listed on the United States National Historic Register. This beautiful stone church was the vision of the founder and benefactor of The Village of Mariemont, Mrs. Mary Emery. In the early 1920s architects and representatives of Mrs. Emery traveled to England seeking guidance and materials for the design and construction of the church. The stone roof originally covered a tithe-barn built by Cistercian monks of the Kingswood Abbey, Kingswood, Gloucestershire, England. The barn was built sometime in the thirteenth century. The stone roof was carefully disassembled and shipped to Mariemont where it was reassembled as the roof of the Mariemont Community Church. At over 600 years old, this stone roof stands today as one of the oldest roofs in North America.
The source photographs were taken with a Nikon D40x using a Nikon 10.5mm fisheye lens. A Nodal Ninja 3 pan head was used on a modified Bogen 3000 tripod. The panorama was stitched and edited with PTGui 8 and Photoshop CS3
Click background or press ESC to close this dialog.