Please do not upload recordings which you are not allowed to distribute.
Please normalize your soundtrack. Most audio editing software offers the "normalize" filter. It ensures that the signal is well-leveled and neither too loud nor too faint. Once it's embedded in the web page, the default volume of the player is set to 30% to keep it fairly unobtrusive to our visitors.
Supported file types
You can use either MP3 or Quicktime MOV. MP3 is recommended, because it's compatible with both Flash and Quicktime.
If you decide to use MP3:
- Keep the mp3 data as plain as possible: encoding with fixed bit rate (128 kBit), stereo or mono, should be fine.
If you decide to use Quicktime MOV:
- Compress the audio data. If it already is a MP3 file or similar, that's fine.
- Open the file in Quicktime Pro
- Save the Quicktime document. Check to make sure the "Save as self-contained" option is selected.
- You will get a Quicktime MOV file that is wrapped around the original audio data.
Just ask us. We can convert the file, if necessary.