This should be a panorama image.
If you can read this, something went wrong.
We support these player technologies:
|With ...||you can view ...|
(part of Quicktime)
|Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or newer||most (not all, some contributions are QTVR-only due to historical reasons)|
GOLDEN- AND RED DELIClOUS, GRANNY SMITH, FUJI AND GALA
Vinschgau - Apples all around
cultivated area: 18.000 ha (about 44.500 acres)
Appleproduction in Southtirol: 921.300 tons
The top 5 sorts:
1. Golden Delicious 368.265 Tonnen 43%
2. Royal Gala 1119.356 Tonnen 14%
3. Red Delicious 102.793 Tonnen 12%
4. Braeburn 64.706 Tonnen 8%
5. Granny Smith 54.115 Tonnen 6%
Today about 8.000 fruit farmers can live form the cultivation of the apples.
(All numbers are from 2005 ,the only ones I was able to find)